Tuesday, 22 January 2013
FMP | Laura Ashley Collaboration Meeting
Notes from today's Laura Ashley collaboration meeting with fellow BAGD student, Steph Lawson, and plans to look towards the research and concept development/generation for the outcomes and deliverables of the brief.
* Kick off the brief properly after dissertation week.
* Concept development and research to be carried out asap.
* Take inspiration from William Morris/Art & Crafts movement- research, processes, research the processes of traditional print making.
* Printed Textiles & Surface Pattern
* Art & Crafts Movement
* Ornamental Textiles
* History and ethos/brand philosophy of Laura Ashley
* Commercial branding
* Laura Ashley design archives
DESIGN DIRECTION AND DELIVERABLES
* Focus on kitchenware (specified design focus- still a lot of items to be produced, also most cost-effective room to decorate in terms of mock ups)
KITCHEN / PRINT
* Labels (branded... fabric/paper)
* Logo and identity
* Look book- fabric pages/catalogue/tactile
* Propose open event for new range.... Invites, promo material, mail out, goodie bag/sample packs.
EXPERIMENT WITH PRINT
* Potato printing
* Screen printing
* Lino cut printing
* Wax relief
* Mono print
* Digital print
* Digital textiles print
* Think of a theme/word focus for the development of designs, e.g. Paris, feminine, seasons...
* Use a soft colour palette for visual harmony and to co-exist with existing Laura Ashley designs.
* Ask Baljeet about tableware transfer paper (as used in her past surface pattern brief).
* Get free wallpaper samples rom wallpaper direct.
* Make tote bags, get labels printed/embroidered, and sewn in.
* Find out numbers/ and/or contact Laura Ashley in Telford, Shrewsbury and York.