Monday 18 February 2013

FMP | 18|02|13 Briefing


Notes from today's briefing with course administrator, Fred Bates, in regards to the studio session and PPD module.

-

NOTES

* Surface Pattern Design, Duncan getting back to Fred re meeting this week... be prepared with examples of our work in a Printed Textiles & Surface Pattern context.
* Studio 4... Wednesday and Thursday morning crits. Formal presentation to the rest of groups. All briefs and statement of intent available. All blogs up to date (all labelled and easy to navigate). Edit blog tags according to new order of briefs.
* Put across ideas in Design Direction boards through initial ideas and presentation. Test pieces, design development and context.
* Prepare all work completed to date.
* Create a clear set of questions for each brief and the body of work to get the feedback you want and need.
* Will get the opportunity for a brief discussion to talk about my work, focus for the discussions and development required.
* For crits we need some design context source material... a body of work we are presenting for the crit.
* Design Strategy Presentation... week after Easter (Tues/Weds/Thurs)... a presentation of where we are, where we want to do... placements, visits, live briefs, etc... What am I planning to do when I leave Uni? 8/9 mins about my aspirations and future, informed by where we are at this point in time. Illustrative of ourselves as designers (PDF Presentation)... Our PPD Blog will also be reviewed during this time.
* PPD Presentation will be assessed on... Evidence of contextual research, personal reflection, organisation of material, clarity of delivery... How much research have I done on the industry and my career aims? Am I making informed decisions about my future? Visual and professional practice of both myself and my work.
* Branding needs to run through into presentation- talk about ambition to travel and meet new people / communication.

No comments:

Post a Comment