Thursday 25 April 2013

FMP | Laura Ashley Advertisement and Editorial Design Experimentations



Moving into InDesign, I started looking at proposals, colour palettes and the use of imagery (as mocked up with the pattern designs as illustrated by collaborative design partner, Steph Lawson). A few of the images I felt had more potentially, photographically (as opposed to being product-focused) which I felt would suit the editorial designs previously shown in the Laura Ashley catalogue archive.

For me, I felt as though I hadn't particularly "got into" the work because of the lack of concept or potential for editorial concept direction. I started playing around with potential tag lines for the promotional deliverables (thinking of outdoor advertising, in particular), and one image I felt worked particularly well (shown below) was the opening door and strip of wallpaper, of which I added the type 'Opening Soon' (the unveiling of the collection), which I think works well as a fun play on the imagery, and this is something we could pursue throughout the editorial design quite simply, but effectively.

I have also proposed for the event to be held at the Stratford-upon-Avon store, which, as well as being quintessentially British, like the Laura Ashley brand, is now cited as one of the major stores in the UK since the closure of the flagship Regent Street store.


No comments:

Post a Comment