Saturday 13 April 2013

FMP | Design Context Publication Blurb Publishing




-

At this point, feeling a little behind on my design outcome (which really feels like every brief at this stage...) I decided to get onto Blurb to choose a template for my Design Context publication. I knew I wanted to print my book with Blurb from an early stage for their reasonable pricing, easy design uploading (through their Adobe design template designer) and a good range of sizes, stocks and finishes to choose from, which would be ideal for a very short run, and, of course, an assurance of good quality with experience of handling Blurb books in the past, courtesy of my peers.

As shown with the plug in templates downloaded (bottom of the page), I chose the standard portrait size, with a hardcover dust jacket, 100 pages and a premium paper stock which with a satin finish would be perfect to showcase the range of images and design throughout the publication. In total, this, including delivery, and the added 25% for logo removal (sheesh), will cost me around £50, so hopefully I can make it as considered and beautifully finished as possible.

Looking forward to making a really positive start over the next couple of days, and hopefully having it ready to send off to print by 1st May in order to have it returned to be my the date of submission, with a little buffer room in the case of any alterations or edits being necessary.

-


No comments:

Post a Comment