Tuesday 19 March 2013

FMP | Yearbook DPS Proposals with Photographs



This morning, as a group, myself and fellow yearbook design team members, Kirsty Alderson, Kirsty Hardingham and Claudia Griffin, went out to photograph the print room for some placeholder images for the Printed Textiles & Surface Pattern Design Yearbook, at this early stage of design development. Unfortunately, as the students themselves were having a crit (and, as a result, not as much work as usual was on the walls), we instead went to the print room and took a few images, to go on to use with experimentation for content and placeholder cover.

Although I think (when a higher standard is achieved/we dress sets for shoots a little more) the high res images work well in the design, I don't feel that confident that the photographic imagery for a cover works well, it looks a little safe to me, and too "prospectus like". However, the swirl in the paint gave me inspiration, and I think exploring the use of materials to create our own pattern, as previously discussed with the marbling idea would be far more visually striking, and appropriate to the course itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment