Thursday 14 March 2013

FMP | Marbled Yearbook Cover Proposals



Proposals for the BA (Hons) Printed Textiles & Surface Pattern Design Yearbook to present to the design team tomorrow.

Keeping the design quite simple, I have pursued the concept of working with a marbled cover, representing the scrapbook - like concept of the visuals throughout, as well as being reflective of the materials and traditional print methods used by designers on the course (all secondary source images used are linked in a previous post- in pursued our own designs would be created). I particularly like the B&W design, for bold impact, so I think keeping a minimal colour palette, be it monochromatic or a more intense choice of colours would ensure it stays sophisticated and consistent.

I have also started to look at the use of type, and after a quick experimentation, decided on a kerned Gotham Rounded, for a contemporary, clean, and friendly type which, after a quick test of placeholder Lorem Ipsum, I think, works well in balance with the Helvetica body copy. 

Looking forward to the feedback I will hopefully get from the other girls soon, and really excited to see what else has been produced, with more layouts and editorial designs from me still to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment