Wednesday 13 March 2013

FMP | Shrewsbury Flower Show Design Direction




This morning, I spent some time, with the intention of, developing the vector - based repeat pattern designs for the Shrewsbury Flower Show brief. However, whilst starting to develop initial shapes and colour palettes, the design just didn't feel right, somehow. I knew quite early on, that my initial instinct for the design direction of the brief, combining the contemporary with the classic (and emulating a more Victorian style, appropriate for the establishment era of the Flower Show itself). After a quick experimentation with first photographic imagery, a much more traditional, watercolour/illustrative design (shown from a stock image sourced, above) felt far more appropriate, and really striking. 

Over the next few days, I hope to develop my own hand rendered, and illustrative designs. This will be something quite different for me (having not hand rendered, really, since my college days, due to time constraints, more than anything), and for my portfolio, which, if successful, I know would be something really great to see, and add a lot more interest and design diversity.



No comments:

Post a Comment